Forum: Rails deployment Make rails 2.3 as default?

14e8bd391ddbb9a311edac1d774cd38a?d=identicon&s=25 Power One (arghx1)
on 2009-03-22 00:03
I'm trying to get rails 2.3 to work on ubuntu 8.10.  As now in synaptic
manager, I saw rails 2.1.0 is installed, but when I do sudo gem install
rails, i saw rails 2.3 got installed.

When I did a test by generating a blank rails project such as "rails -D
mysql testproject_01", and then ran ./scripts/server to start rails
server, I saw under information section listed my rails as 2.1.0.

How to stop rails 2.1.0 (Ubuntu default) as a default, and allow 2.3
rails to be the default?  Should I remove rails from synaptic manager?
What files that I need to edit to have rails 2.3 becomes the default
version on my system?

Thanks...
14e8bd391ddbb9a311edac1d774cd38a?d=identicon&s=25 Power One (arghx1)
on 2009-03-22 03:30
Oh guys, I found the solution on my own :).  If anyone has similar
situation, just uninstall your old rubygems from synaptic manager.  Just
make sure you remove all versions of rubygems from synaptic.

Go to rubyonrails.org and download the source for rubygems.  Extract the
package, and then do ruby setup.rb.  Then you have to do gem1.8 install
rails --include-dependencies.  Do rails -v to check to see what rails
version you got! :)  My is now 2.3.2.