Forum: Ruby ActiveLDAP StartTLS connection problem

4e39ce958e5ab660993b8b175b129803?d=identicon&s=25 Henrik Hodne (Guest)
Hello,

I'm having trouble using ActiveLDAP connecting using starttls. When
using starttls I get ActiveLdap::ConnectionError: Giving up to
reconnect with the server. I have a suspicion it doesn't use the
correct certificate...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Henrik Hodne

In <105B5A07-2B9D-4A6F-B6CB-C8494643B586@cluenet.org>
  "ActiveLDAP StartTLS connection problem" on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:34:26
+0900,
  Henrik Hodne <dvyjones@cluenet.org> wrote:

> I'm having trouble using ActiveLDAP connecting using
> starttls. When using starttls I get
> ActiveLdap::ConnectionError: Giving up to reconnect with the
> server. I have a suspicion it doesn't use the correct
> certificate...
>
> Any ideas?

Could you show your config/ldap.yml?
(You use ActiveLdap with Rails, don't you?)

If you use debug log level, you will get more information.

config/environment.rb:

  Rails::Initializer.run do |config|
    config.log_level = :debug