Forum: Ruby on Rails Settings for CDN, GZip, Header Expires for BEtter Yslow

77a811c8d7af8f0460d63a3747c85dc7?d=identicon&s=25 Ankit Parekh (ankitparekh)
on 2009-03-19 08:27
Hi

On my website i m getting B Grade with 87 points. Now i want to make it
A and there is a scope to do that.

I have added Google Analytics code which is y my gzip component and
header expire grade goes to B from A. I need to use Google Analytics so
cant i set header expires and gzip that?

Another thing is that CDN is not something for a small website. So isnt
there a way out where we can set CDN as our domain itself. So that we
get a better grade?

Let me know if there is a way out.

Thanks
6f3a904bebab756df4880aeb199da396?d=identicon&s=25 sshefer (Guest)
For a CDN I recommend Amazon Cloudfront.  Super simple to setup and
use.

http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/

On Mar 19, 3:27 am, Ankit Parekh <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
77a811c8d7af8f0460d63a3747c85dc7?d=identicon&s=25 Ankit Parekh (ankitparekh)
on 2009-03-19 09:23
OH just noticed. In this forum itself they have added analytics code
still they r getting A grade.

How they have done it? They are using litespeed server and i m using
nginx thats the only diff.
77a811c8d7af8f0460d63a3747c85dc7?d=identicon&s=25 Ankit Parekh (ankitparekh)
on 2009-03-20 08:09
Ankit Parekh wrote:
> OH just noticed. In this forum itself they have added analytics code
> still they r getting A grade.
>
> How they have done it? They are using litespeed server and i m using
> nginx thats the only diff.

no one out there to help me out? Can ne one know how this site i.e
ruby-forum.com manages to get Yslow grade A inspite the fact that it
uses google analytics code in the site?

since when i add the code it reduces the Header Expires and Gzip
component grade to B from A

thanks