Forum: Ruby on Rails Is there something like form_remote_tag that does an Ajax.Updater vs Ajax.Request

3cef4ecbacd3844f8c4be42fabe7d602?d=identicon&s=25 knox (Guest)
I am looking for a form helper tag that will output a form tag that
uses Ajax.Updater instead of Ajax.Request.  Does one exist?  I haven't
seen anything in the API docs.  I am relatively new to rails, but I
have been using prototype for a few years, so I am comfortable writing
out the form tag to use Ajax.Updater manually if that's the best
option.

Thanks in advance,
Knox
On Mar 18, 5:33 pm, knox <krowel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a form helper tag that will output a form tag that
> uses Ajax.Updater instead of Ajax.Request.  Does one exist?  I haven't
> seen anything in the API docs.  I am relatively new to rails, but I
> have been using prototype for a few years, so I am comfortable writing
> out the form tag to use Ajax.Updater manually if that's the best
> option.

form_remote_tag will use an Ajax.Updater if you use the :update option

Fred