Forum: JRuby JRuby + javasand

E52519d40b12374080235e62dcf615f9?d=identicon&s=25 Bram__ (Guest)
Hello,

I've been actively searching to get javasand/Sandbox working on jruby
1.1.5.
After a while i found a patch applied it a rebuild it using ant.(The
version
that is available through jruby gem doesnt seem patched.) Worked, at
least
it does evaluate string. Unfortunately there is no good documentation to
be
found on javasand.

The problem that i currently have is that an object defined earlier
doesn't
get recognized.
http://gist.github.com/80995
will give me the error on the second eval.
"ArgumentError: undefined class/module Book (Sandbox::Exception)"

Am i missing something ?

Thanks in advanced.

Bram__ wrote:
> http://gist.github.com/80995
> will give me the error on the second eval.
> "ArgumentError: undefined class/module Book (Sandbox::Exception)"
>
> Am i missing something ?

JavaSand has fallen into disrepair because it's not used by many people.
However we certainly would like to see it updated. Is it something you
think you could take over and patch? I suspect it largely just needs to
be updated for API changes since it was last released.

- Charlie