Forum: Ruby on Rails Google Latitude in Ruby on Rails

Fa3ad6d6edeef1c7dd83c910fdfb82f4?d=identicon&s=25 Angappan Ayyavoo (angaps)
on 2009-03-17 11:41
Hai All

 I tried with the google maps in ruby on rails, i got better ideas from
the forum. thanks.

 I wish to include google latitude in my rails application, how it would
be ? kindly tell me the process and better links.

Thanks
Angaps
0fc8cdefe9375828e65e650b73887ac1?d=identicon&s=25 Simone R. (athlon)
on 2009-03-17 12:58
Angappan Ayyavoo wrote:
> Hai All
>
>  I tried with the google maps in ruby on rails, i got better ideas from
> the forum. thanks.
>
>  I wish to include google latitude in my rails application, how it would
> be ? kindly tell me the process and better links.
>

> Thanks
> Angaps

Hi , I don't know anything about Ruby because I'm a newbie , but
browsing around
I found this
http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/googlemaps
maybe can help you
Dfbae8089cf33ab37df620faf5e5bf44?d=identicon&s=25 saideep annadatha (Guest)
How would you want to use the latitude?

Previously, we have calculated the latitude and longitude with
Javascript
functions according to the place given and stored the values in a
database.

So, what is it exactly are you trying to do?

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Angappan Ayyavoo <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> Thanks
> Angaps
> --

Thank You,
Saideep Annadatha
Fa3ad6d6edeef1c7dd83c910fdfb82f4?d=identicon&s=25 Angappan Ayyavoo (angaps)
on 2009-03-19 07:15
saideep annadatha wrote:
> How would you want to use the latitude?
>
> Previously, we have calculated the latitude and longitude with
> Javascript
> functions according to the place given and stored the values in a
> database.
>
> So, what is it exactly are you trying to do?
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Angappan Ayyavoo <
> rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks
>> Angaps
>> --
>>

> --
> Thank You,
> Saideep Annadatha

Hai

Thanks for your reply.

  I want to use the google latitude in my rails application.

 www.google.com/ig

 It is one of the widget which has the map+twitter application to share
our resources to others in our link and vice versa.

  kindly tell me any idea on this.

thanks
angaps
Dfbae8089cf33ab37df620faf5e5bf44?d=identicon&s=25 saideep annadatha (Guest)
Hello,
Its like in the application we have built, we wanted to show markups on
googlemaps of the users of our site according to their city. And so,
while
saving the place, we have also got the Latitude and Longitude with help
of
Google Maps API and saved in the database.

And while rendering the view it we used the data from the db and with js
code (available to show the gmaps) we have marked the users.

Regards,
Saideep Annadatha

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Angappan Ayyavoo <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> --

Thank You,
Saideep Annadatha