Forum: RSpec [Webrat][RSpec]

85d99e7678d8720f6e00ab0f60fe6ea9?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Premdas (Guest)
Hi All,
Since upgrading rspec to 1.2 I am seeing behavior that a web browser is
being opened when there is a problem in a page that a feature visits.

Is this behavior intentional and if so can I turn it off. Having thirty
browser windows open up when I introduce an error that breaks alot of
features is a real pain in the backside.
994e42bda994be2cd1d791f18ee6d561?d=identicon&s=25 Stephen Eley (Guest)
2009/3/17 Andrew Premdas <apremdas@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
> Since upgrading rspec to 1.2 I am seeing behavior that a web browser is
> being opened when there is a problem in a page that a feature visits.
> Is this behavior intentional and if so can I turn it off. Having thirty
> browser windows open up when I introduce an error that breaks alot of
> features is a real pain in the backside.

Agreed.  It's especially annoying because I run Cucumber in autospec,
and have a few scenarios that deliberately test for some exceptions to
be caught and 404s to be thrown.  These pop the browser page every
time they come up in the background, stealing focus and disrupting my
workflow.

This is not the principle of least surprise.  Magic should not happen
when it wasn't specifically asked for.

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail.com)