Forum: Ruby Shoes and Mechanize

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Sawyer (7rans)
on 2009-03-16 16:47
(Received via mailing list)
Did mechanize switch to Nokogiri?

  Shoes.setup do
    gem 'mechanize'
  end

Fails miserably:

ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/tmp/selfgz9016/shoes --ruby extconf.rb setup.rb
/tmp/selfgz9016/shoes-bin: no such file to load -- oll (LoadError)

Gem files will remain installed in /home/trans/.shoes/+gem/gems/
nokogiri-1.2.2 for inspection.
Results logged to /home/trans/.shoes/+gem/gems/nokogiri-1.2.2/ext/
nokogiri/gem_make.out
Signal caught, cleaning up
Be30361bb0b0c495e3077db43ad84b56?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron Patterson (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 18:32
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:44:09AM +0900, Trans wrote:
> Did mechanize switch to Nokogiri?

Yes.

http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=29273
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Sawyer (7rans)
on 2009-03-17 17:24
(Received via mailing list)
On Mar 16, 1:29 pm, Aaron Patterson <aa...@tenderlovemaking.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:44:09AM +0900, Trans wrote:
> > Did mechanize switch to Nokogiri?
>
> Yes.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=29273

Okay. Well I hope the Shoes people will make note of this for future
fix --I don't see anywhere to submit a bug report.

T.
Aafa8848c4b764f080b1b31a51eab73d?d=identicon&s=25 Phlip (Guest)
on 2009-03-17 19:45
(Received via mailing list)
trans wrote:

> Okay. Well I hope the Shoes people will make note of this for future
> fix --I don't see anywhere to submit a bug report.

You ditz.
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Sawyer (7rans)
on 2009-03-17 20:46
(Received via mailing list)
On Mar 17, 2:42 pm, Phlip <phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> trans wrote:
> > Okay. Well I hope the Shoes people will make note of this for future
> > fix --I don't see anywhere to submit a bug report.
>
> You ditz.

Lol! Now I feel so stupid ;-)

T.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.