Forum: GNU Radio Problem in Installing gnuradio-3.2_Please help

9bfc96b690b0a3bbdf29e0f047baf941?d=identicon&s=25 Somya Ajmera (ajmerasomya)
Hi , I am facing
a problem in installing gnuradio-3.2. I was able to install
gnuradio-3.1.3 properly but when I tried to install this  newer version
on the top of the older version, maximum of the packages are not
getting configured including gnuradio-core and usrp.

am attaching the log ./configure file for the reference (open it with
word pad). I am a newbie to Linux and to gnuradio. I would really
appreciate if anybody can help me regarding this matter.

Thanks & Regards,
Somya Ajmera

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and
@rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:46 -0700, Somya Ajmera wrote:

> Hi , I am facing a problem in installing gnuradio-3.2. I was able to
> install gnuradio-3.1.3 properly but when I tried to install this
> newer version on the top of the older version, maximum of the packages
> are not getting configured including gnuradio-core and usrp.
>
> I am attaching the log ./configure file for the reference (open it
> with word pad). I am a newbie to Linux and to gnuradio. I would really
> appreciate if anybody can help me regarding this matter.

Sending your problem report to the list three times does not motivate
anyone to help you to solve it.

Johnathan
9bfc96b690b0a3bbdf29e0f047baf941?d=identicon&s=25 Somya Ajmera (ajmerasomya)
I am sorry for that, but I am stuck in that for more than a week now. I
had tried many times installing it giving different options but none of
them worked. The only way it seems to me is to install Fedora again and
then try to install this newer version.

--- On Mon, 16/3/09, Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@corganenterprises.com>
From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@corganenterprises.com>
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in Installing
gnuradio-3.2_Please help
To: ajmerasomya@yahoo.com
Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Date: Monday, 16 March, 2009, 3:24 AM

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:46 -0700, Somya Ajmera wrote:

> Hi , I am facing a problem in installing gnuradio-3.2. I was able to
> install gnuradio-3.1.3 properly but when I tried to install this
> newer version on the top of the older version, maximum of the packages
> are not getting configured including gnuradio-core and usrp.
>
> I am attaching the log ./configure file for the reference (open it
> with word pad). I am a newbie to Linux and to gnuradio. I would really
> appreciate if anybody can help me regarding this matter.

Sending your problem report to the list three times does not motivate
anyone to help you to solve it.

Johnathan

      Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted before someone else does!
5b956b6b52e6bd83ad6da9815f4442a4?d=identicon&s=25 Mir Ali (Guest)
Did you try doing a clean install by removing the older version of
gnuradio?

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Johnathan Corgan <
9bfc96b690b0a3bbdf29e0f047baf941?d=identicon&s=25 Somya Ajmera (ajmerasomya)
Hey Ali, thanks for replying. No, I tried to install the new version on
top of the old, but when it didn't installed then I tried to remove the
older version by using the commands:

yum remove gnuradio-3.1.3.

It removed 2 packages i guess, but when I again tried to install 3.2, it
gave me the same problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Somya Ajmera

Did you try doing a clean install by removing the older version of
gnuradio?

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Johnathan Corgan
<jcorgan@corganenterprises.com> wrote:

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:46 -0700, Somya Ajmera wrote:

> Hi , I am facing a problem in installing gnuradio-3.2. I was able to

> install gnuradio-3.1.3 properly but when I tried to install this

> newer version on the top of the older version, maximum of the packages

> are not getting configured including gnuradio-core and usrp.

> I am attaching the log ./configure file for the reference (open it

> with word pad). I am a newbie to Linux and to gnuradio. I would really

> appreciate if anybody can help me regarding this matter.

Sending your problem report to the list three times does not motivate

anyone to help you to solve it.

Johnathan

Mir Murtuza Ali
Graduate Student
Center for Wireless Communications
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Get the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted on the new @ymail and
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 03:08:32PM -0700, Somya Ajmera wrote:

> I am sorry for that, but I am stuck in that for more than a week
> now. I had tried many times installing it giving different options
> but none of them worked. The only way it seems to me is to install
> Fedora again and then try to install this newer version.

You didn't send the entire output from configure.

If you look at the output from configure, there will be some clues as
to what things gnuradio-core dependened on that weren't found.

Eric