Forum: RSpec Rspec and EventMachine

B30ce50678f0e934eaa6697425c59dd7?d=identicon&s=25 Julien Genestoux (julien51)
Hey Guys,

I am trying to create a app that makes use of EventMachine.
As I recently fell in love with Rspec, I was trying to use it with our
EM. However, I have no idea how to do this. Also, I want to remove
network connections from the tests (as I might not be connected when
running them), so I think I should mock them up, but again... I don't
know how to do this!

Any tips?

Thanks
3c8c4b69930a102c3ca698cc4cbcbf0b?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Baker (srbaker)
> I am trying to create a app that makes use of EventMachine.
> As I recently fell in love with Rspec, I was trying to use it with our
> EM. However, I have no idea how to do this. Also, I want to remove
> network connections from the tests (as I might not be connected when
> running them), so I think I should mock them up, but again... I don't
> know how to do this!

We use a lot of eventmachine at work, and have some experience doing
this.  I haven't written anything up, though.  If you'd like to hop on
IRC Monday between 9-5 EST and ping me, I'll help you out with it.

-Steven