Forum: Ruby Joggle 0.1.0 Released: Jabber to Twitter Relay

Ff260830c27224f0e15f37362a6256d0?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Duncan (Guest)
Joggle is a Jabber to Twitter relay, written in Ruby.  Tweets (Twitter
messages) are sent as Jabber instant messages, and instant messages are
sent as tweets.

Joggle is available as a gem (gem install joggle), or as a tarball.  The
full release announcement, setup instructions, and links to the tarball
and bug tracker are all available at the following URL:

    http://pablotron.org/?cid=1563

Questions or comments are appreciated.
Acd62030df551952268e84c8fff26a5b?d=identicon&s=25 James Adam (lazyatom)
on 2009-03-15 11:54
Paul Duncan wrote:
> Joggle is a Jabber to Twitter relay, written in Ruby.  Tweets (Twitter
> messages) are sent as Jabber instant messages, and instant messages are
> sent as tweets.

I've been running a similar script for a month or so (here:
http://github.com/lazyatom/jitter), although I'm sure yours is more
robust; mine is just a thin layer of glue between the Twitter and
Jabber::Simple libraries.

There's definitely something nice about having a client that can be
hacked to suit, though.

James