Forum: NGINX The forum integration

F5a6ed477b109fe6acc11a5a8f87e7e8?d=identicon&s=25 mike (Guest)
Can I go ahead and say that this is getting annoying?

It either needs to be transparently integrated or not. Being copied on
each forum thread, while I enjoy forums, really does suck.

Maybe we can take this offline (Cliff, Jim, anyone else) and figure
out a better solution.

Then we won't need [FORUM] either, as it will be transparent. Except
maybe a footer saying "posted from
http://forum.nginx.org/thread.php?3432 etc." - just like ruby-forum.

I'm sure we can find a two-way mail integration for vBulletin.
317a512c6e535b30403d0071af39c710?d=identicon&s=25 Darrin Chandler (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 09:40:01AM -0700, mike wrote:
> Can I go ahead and say that this is getting annoying?

Very annoying.

> It either needs to be transparently integrated or not. Being copied on
> each forum thread, while I enjoy forums, really does suck.

I'd like it if forums stayed on the web and far, far away from the
mailing list. Just my opinion.
F5a6ed477b109fe6acc11a5a8f87e7e8?d=identicon&s=25 mike (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Darrin Chandler
<dwchandler@stilyagin.com> wrote:

> I'd like it if forums stayed on the web and far, far away from the
> mailing list. Just my opinion.

I thought about that, but without folks like Igor and Maxim, the
forums might be somewhat busy but won't have the "final say" that Igor
has, for instance.

Also it will wind up with a lot of cross-linking back and forth.
"There's a discussion on the mailing list right now about this" or
"We've been talking about it on the forum thread here ... " - then the
information becomes split-brained...
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:26:37AM -0700, mike wrote:
> Also it will wind up with a lot of cross-linking back and forth.
> "There's a discussion on the mailing list right now about this" or
> "We've been talking about it on the forum thread here ... " - then the
> information becomes split-brained...

I'm a lot less concerned about the forums than with keeping the mailing
list as useful as it is now. Like I said, it's just my opinion.