Forum: RSpec [cucumber] Performance of 0.1.99?

49612ba6e616ca3c4c668ad35e3e84ce?d=identicon&s=25 Luke Melia (Guest)
Has anyone noticed a slowdown in performance of their cucumber suite
from 0.1 to 0.2alpha?

I haven't ruled out something in our suite itself, but the slowdown
appeared to occur concurrently with our upgrade to 0.2alpha.

Cheers,
Luke
--
Luke Melia
luke@lukemelia.com

> Has anyone noticed a slowdown in performance of their cucumber suite from
> 0.1 to 0.2alpha?
>
> I haven't ruled out something in our suite itself, but the slowdown
> appeared to occur concurrently with our upgrade to 0.2alpha.

I haven't noticed anything. Do you want to create a benchmark?

Aslak
On 14 Mar 2009, at 10:06, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Luke Melia <luke@lukemelia.com>
> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed a slowdown in performance of their cucumber suite
> from 0.1 to 0.2alpha?

Ours is getting slower all the time (as we add more features) so it's
very hard to say. I've noticed it seems to take a little longer to
crank up because the features are all parsed first - I'm not sure that
happened before.

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
3c28deaff162aeda44f2e0bcdca1dacf?d=identicon&s=25 Joseph Wilk (josephwilk)
Matt Wynne wrote:
> happened before.
Cuke parsed all the features (well the ones you tell it to) in its
tree structure where we represent a more complex object structure than
before (but not massively I think). And hence we have more complex tree
traversal but again I don't see it being huge.

It would be interesting to see some performance comparisons.

--
Joseph Wilk
http://blog.josephwilk.net
On Mar 14, 2009, at 6:06 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Luke Melia <luke@lukemelia.com>
> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed a slowdown in performance of their cucumber suite
> from 0.1 to 0.2alpha?

> I haven't noticed anything. Do you want to create a benchmark?

I just ran a subset of our suite with 0.1.x and then with master.
Times were pretty close. Guess I need to keep hunting for the
culprit. :-)

Cheers,
Luke