Forum: Ruby RDoc 1.9 hangs

8a7a74182e801b31248d51cf8d94f2d5?d=identicon&s=25 rick_2047 (Guest)
I am trying to generate html docs for 1.9 with the rdoc supplied with
it. But it just seems to hang when it shows generating html. I waited
for like 15 or 20 mins. Will it take more time or is just hanging in a
loop or something. All the files in classes and files dir and rdoc-
style.css file is there but it just does not make the index.html
file.

Whats the problem here???
On Mar 13, 2009, at 22:41, rick_2047 wrote:
> I am trying to generate html docs for 1.9 with the rdoc supplied with
> it. But it just seems to hang when it shows generating html. I waited
> for like 15 or 20 mins. Will it take more time or is just hanging in a
> loop or something. All the files in classes and files dir and rdoc-
> style.css file is there but it just does not make the index.html
> file.
>
> Whats the problem here???

Does it go faster if you install rdoc from a gem?  The RDoc in 1.9.1
uses the HTML generator which can consume as much as 2G of memory
generating RDoc.  RDoc 2.4+ consumes about 200M