Forum: Ruby on Rails Does anybody have simple example of Tiny_MCE working?

E759aaf28892fcb753f96dd5be2c776e?d=identicon&s=25 InventoryTrackers (Guest)
I've gotten my hopes up a few times and have gone through the many
Rails Tiny_MCE tutorials only to bomb out.
All of these tutorials are significantly different which leads me to
ask if anyone has a very simple Rails app they might share that
demonstrates this feature.

Some frustrations I've found are;

1. They suggest loading many lines of javascript tags and yields in
the application.html.erb <head> ..what about the current :yield?
2. The instructions for the rake plugin don't seem to work the same
anymore
3. There's no examples of using the form_for approach with
form.text_area etc.

I am grateful for any help in this endeavor and happy to share my
results.
David
170e2a48994775e4c298c302e6814f81?d=identicon&s=25 Starr Horne (Guest)
> I've gotten my hopes up a few times and have gone through the many
> Rails Tiny_MCE tutorials only to bomb out.
> All of these tutorials are significantly different which leads me to
> ask if anyone has a very simple Rails app they might share that
> demonstrates this feature.

I've used the tinymce rails plugin. You just drop it in to your app, and
it works like a charm. Unfortunately, I don't have any code I can post,
though.

SH

--
Starr Horne
My blog: http://starrhorne.com

I maintain a plugin for TinyMCE in Rails. You can find it at:

http://github.com/kete/tiny_mce

It's pretty easy to install and setup. See the README on the link
above.

Should only take 2-3 minutes to install, and doesn't need any complex
yields or special form methods.

Regards
Kieran

On Mar 13, 9:14 am, InventoryTrackers <inventorytrack...@gmail.com>
C7ce3af7050f4580f56654aa6d52a36e?d=identicon&s=25 Tranquiliste (Guest)
Hello,

I use tiny_mce without any plugin. You have a very clear explanation
on how to doit here :
http://www.ricroberts.com/articles/2008/06/16/tiny...

Hope this can help

Nicols