Forum: RSpec [rspec/tm] When running the textmate bundle hook using command-r I get an error about missing rubyge

00e3a96684ab390a350b0271e98741d3?d=identicon&s=25 Nshbrown Nshbrown (nshb)
I get the following error using both edge version of the TM bundle and
rspec/rspec-rails in vendor/plugins.

/Users/nshb/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
RSpec.tmbundle/Support/lib/spec/mate.rb:2:in `require': No such file
to load -- rubygems (LoadError) from /Users/nshb/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/RSpec.tmbundle/Support/lib/spec/mate.rb:2
from /tmp/textmate-command-20424.rb:2:in `require' from /tmp/textmate-
command-20424.rb:2

Any ideas? IRB loads rubygems fine, not sure why it's not working here.
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Nathaniel Brown <nshb@inimit.com> wrote:
> Any ideas? IRB loads rubygems fine, not sure why it's not working here.
I've never seen that before - no ideas here. Anybody else?
369b9fd2a0d9e7cdbc60907a2a056ad9?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Taylor (Guest)
David Chelimsky wrote:
>> command-20424.rb:2
>>
>> Any ideas? IRB loads rubygems fine, not sure why it's not working here.
>>

> I've never seen that before - no ideas here. Anybody else?

I don't use textmate at all, but I'd check that it's the same ruby
version (RUBY_VERSION, RUBY_PATCHLEVEL), and that the $LOAD_PATH is the
same as an irb session.

How is ruby being invoked in that script?  I prefer to use "/usr/bin/env
ruby", but on occasion I've seen absolute paths to /usr/bin/ruby or
/usr/local/bin/ruby - both which may fail if you have, say, a ruby
installed via macports and the one that came with OS X.

I'd bet that a different ruby executable is being used - one which
doesn't have rubygems installed.

Scott