Forum: Ruby Generate pdf file with password protected.

79822418fa28a908ca75b67de3b31b3c?d=identicon&s=25 Prabu Jayaraman (jprabu)

I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password
protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am
unable to create a pdf
file with password protected.

kindly help me.

Regards,

Prabu J
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Prabu Jayaraman <jprabu2010@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password
> protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am
> unable to create a pdf
> file with password protected.

You should really consider using Prawn instead of FPDF, even though it
also does not support this feature.

I am still waiting for someone to create a prawn-crypt (or
prawn-secure) extension, but so far all people do is ask for this
feature rather than work on it.  It's not a need of mine.

-greg
87ef5d1e14b148eb596433bc17ffe690?d=identicon&s=25 Leo (Guest)
> but i am unable to create a pdf file with password protected.

If everything else fails, you could run pdftk over the pdf on disk.