More WCF fail

Had time to get back to the WCF stuff: Here’s the latest
class MyService
include IWcfContract

def ping(x)

uri = Uri.new “http://localhost:8700/MyService
binding = WSHttpBinding.new
host = ServiceHost.new MyService
host.add_service_endpoint(IWcfContract.to_clr_type, binding, uri);

=> Now raises the following error (new and different from last time,
exciting!):

The contract name ‘IWcfContract’ could not be found in the list of
contracts implemented by the service ‘IronRuby.Builtins.RubyClass’.

*
*
I also tried creating an abstract C# class as follows:

public abstract class WcfContractClass : IWcfContract
{
public abstract string Ping(string input);
}

and then having the ruby class do this:

class MyService < WcfContractClass

however the same error occurs. Still running the dlr nightly v12211
build…

Any ideas?

Let me know if you’'re still having problems on saturday…because WCF
cannot be that hard
Alternatively contact me off list… to do some remote “pair”
programming…
this email address is my gtalk account or ask Hayley she’s got my
contact
details as does almost anybody else that is involved in the NZ .NET user
groups.

For everybody else on the list… I respond best to IM or twitter
(casualjim) :wink:

Let me know if you’'re still having problems on saturday…because WCF
cannot be that hard

WCF isn’t hard… in C#. Thus far IronRuby’s lack of support for
attributes
seems to be killing it though.

Alternatively contact me off list… to do some remote “pair”
programming…
this email address is my gtalk account or ask Hayley she’s got my contact
details as does almost anybody else that is involved in the NZ .NET user
groups.

I’ll have a go in the weekend if I get time and let you know. Cheers.

For everybody else on the list… I respond best to IM or twitter

(casualjim) :wink:

Consider yourself followed!

There’s no CLR Type object that can fully represent your Ruby class, so
you can’t meaningfully pass the type to any API that wants to be able to
create an object from it. This is still an area of active investigation
and thought for us.

[...]

Wouldn’t creating a servicehostfactory, servicehost and behavior solve the
problem?
I wasn’t expecting to use the plain vanilla WCF stuff but rather with a
slightly customized infrastructure.

I don’t have a particularly deep knowledge of WCF… I had been trying
search for how to do it with a non-standard servicehost, but hadn’t
found
anything amongst all the mess of people asking simple questions :frowning:

Will try look for WCF -> IOC container related stuff and see if that
helps

But in the case of WCF this doesn’t have to be the case right?
You can create a different behavior where you tell WCF how to create
instances and you can create a service host that also knows how to
handle
dynamic objects. After all if you can get an IoC container to provide
the
instances, surely you can hook IronRuby in there too.

Wouldn’t creating a servicehostfactory, servicehost and behavior solve
the
problem?
I wasn’t expecting to use the plain vanilla WCF stuff but rather with a
slightly customized infrastructure.

You are correct. There’s no general problem with WCF; it’s just this
particular API that Orion is using that’s problematic.

But in the case of WCF this doesn’t have to be the case right?
You can create a different behavior where you tell WCF how to create
instances and you can create a service host that also knows how to
handle dynamic objects. After all if you can get an IoC container to
provide the instances, surely you can hook IronRuby in there too.

Wouldn’t creating a servicehostfactory, servicehost and behavior solve
the problem?
I wasn’t expecting to use the plain vanilla WCF stuff but rather with a
slightly customized infrastructure.

From:
[...]

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

Hi Orion,

http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/jimmy_bogard/archive/2008/07/29/integrating-structuremap-with-wcf.aspx

http://code.google.com/p/autofac/source/browse/trunk/src/Source/Autofac.Integration.Wcf/AutofacDependencyInjectionServiceBehavior.cs

cheers
Ivan
2009/3/12 Curt H. [email protected]

Look at how they do it in Autofac and Ninject that code is easier to
follow
than the code from the castle project

2009/3/12 Orion E. [email protected]