Forum: Ruby on Rails a beginner, i also encounter an issue about route.

580c0f2028f7e7b21d46ffceea4c7ee0?d=identicon&s=25 iamzhouyang@gmail.com (Guest)
the same issue talk here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/br...
i have also encountered an error=>
Routing Error
No route matches "/say/hello" with {:method=>:get}

and i checked the routes.rb under my application, the routes.rb show
the correct map :

  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'

anyone can help me, thanks
1e7782e67bb34c9c67ed19d5cde5f4eb?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Z Meinlschmidt (Guest)
iamzhouyang@gmail.com wrote:

>   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
>   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
>
> anyone can help me, thanks

can you post a part from your log?
what's the name of controler?

tom
> > the correct map :
> --
> Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache
>
> www.meinlschmidt.com www.maxwellrender.cz www.lightgems.cz

> > > Routing Error
> > can you post a part from your log?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> my controller name is Say, and action is hello, you mean that i can
> find more information from my log file, right?
>
> ~alex zhou
few quick words:

Unless you specifically mention anything in the routes, you need not
bother about this file.

What I mean is, you can trigger that action either directly pointing
to the action
a) http://localhost:3000/say/hello
or by giving a nick name in the routes
b) map.connect '/hello', :controller => 'say', :action => 'hello'

Usually, the (a)works, else copy paste the (b) in your routes file it
would work.

On Mar 11, 6:19 pm, "iamzhouy...@gmail.com" <iamzhouy...@gmail.com>
580c0f2028f7e7b21d46ffceea4c7ee0?d=identicon&s=25 iamzhouyang@gmail.com (Guest)
sumanth and tom, i have got this talk:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/br...

thanks for your support, sumanth, i got your meaning now, tomorrow i
will try it in the office PC.

~alex zhou

wrote:

> On Mar 11, 9:45 pm, "iamzhouy...@gmail.com" <iamzhouy...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > can you post a part from your log?
> > > what's the name of controler?

> > > tom
> > > --
> > > =========================================================================== ====
> > > Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

> > >www.meinlschmidt.comwww.maxwellrender.czwww.lightgems.cz
> > > =========================================================================== ====

already solved the route issue, now i encounter this issue

 MissingSourceFile in SayController#hello

no such file to load -- sqlite3

RAILS_ROOT: C:/rails/demo

This error occurred while loading the following files:
   sqlite3

i guess the reason is about sqlite3 configure, but i checked the file
named database.yml :
# SQLite version 3.x
#   gem install sqlite3-ruby (not necessary on OS X Leopard)
development:
  adapter: sqlite3
  database: db/development.sqlite3
  pool: 5
  timeout: 5000

# Warning: The database defined as "test" will be erased and
# re-generated from your development database when you run "rake".
# Do not set this db to the same as development or production.
test:
  adapter: sqlite3
  database: db/test.sqlite3
  pool: 5
  timeout: 5000

production:
  adapter: sqlite3
  database: db/production.sqlite3
  pool: 5
  timeout: 5000

I think i already configure the sqlite3, need I start it, right?

~alex zhou

On Mar 12, 12:37 am, "iamzhouy...@gmail.com" <iamzhouy...@gmail.com>
4c438a80fc30661ad619ea177cf9cbd0?d=identicon&s=25 Freddy Andersen (Guest)
Is it installed?

gem install sqlite3-ruby
580c0f2028f7e7b21d46ffceea4c7ee0?d=identicon&s=25 iamzhouyang@gmail.com (Guest)
i already installed sqlite3 using this command 'gem install sqlite3-
ruby'

~alex zhou
B6d7dffed1196ab1a2ac35504a0cb03c?d=identicon&s=25 Sumanth Krishna (sumi)
To me that yaml looks like the default file:
1. Are you using the db in this app?
2. Did u create the databases & tables as mentioned in the yaml?
3. If u r not using db, then you can clear/comment whole off the file.

this should work :)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:51 AM, iamzhouyang@gmail.com <
iamzhouyang@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,