Forum: Ruby ANN: openssl-nonblock 0.2.0

2f55791ab9018b4d01fb741fab21843d?d=identicon&s=25 Tony Arcieri (Guest)
Announcing openssl-nonblock 0.2.0, now available at:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=32127

This gem patches the following nonblocking methods into the Ruby OpenSSL
extension on Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7, and 1.9.1:

* connect_nonblock
* accept_nonblock
* read_nonblock
* write_nonblock

Release notes:

* Version 0.2.0 incorporates fixes for compiling against Ruby 1.8.7.
The
previous version was broken and would not correctly build against Ruby
1.8.7.  Apologies from the author as the original release announcement
said
otherwise.

I have requested these changes be incorporated into Ruby 1.9.2, and I
would
hope to see it incorporated into Ruby 1.8.8 as well:

...however ruby-core has not yet responded.  My goal is to maintain this
gem
for existing Ruby releases and get these changes incorporated into newer
Ruby versions.

This gem has been used extensively as part of a non-blocking event
framework
used in real-world applications.  It covers the requirements of SSL
within
nonblocking event frameworks and thus should be suitable anywhere else
nonblocking SSL is needed.
B11f10c4cd9d53970e7be20caa43f940?d=identicon&s=25 Tanaka Akira (Guest)
In article
<c7e6b2b00903092313x508343d1y57c328cf05738e36@mail.gmail.com>,
  Tony Arcieri <tony@medioh.com> writes:

> I have requested these changes be incorporated into Ruby 1.9.2, and I would
> hope to see it incorporated into Ruby 1.8.8 as well:
>
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/814
>
> ...however ruby-core has not yet responded.  My goal is to maintain this gem
> for existing Ruby releases and get these changes incorporated into newer
> Ruby versions.

Do you read [ruby-core:22539]?
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Tanaka Akira <akr@fsij.org> wrote:

> Do you read [ruby-core:22539]?

No, I haven't.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.