Forum: IronRuby Problem with generic method resolution

4f55d99fc4a14f491e3b19d0724081e5?d=identicon&s=25 Stefan Dobrev (Guest)

I have found out the following problem:

>>> require 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
=> true
>>> include System
=> Object
>>> include System::Linq::Expressions
>>> Expression.Call
:0: wrong number of arguments (2 for 4) (ArgumentError)
>>> Expression.Parameter
:0: undefined method `Parameter' for TypeGroup of
Expression:Microsoft::Scripting::Actions::TypeGroup (NoMethodError)

Obviously the Call method was recognized but the Parameter one not.
Should I
file a bug or this is known and will be fixed?

Regards,
Stefan
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
Did anyone reply to you? If you haven't submitted a bug on RubyForge,
please do.

>>> require 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
=> true
>>> include System
=> Object
>>> include System::Linq::Expressions
>>> Expression.Call
:0: wrong number of arguments (2 for 4) (ArgumentError)
>>> Expression.Parameter
:0: undefined method `Parameter' for TypeGroup of
Expression:Microsoft::Scripting::Actions::TypeGroup (NoMethodError)

Obviously the Call method was recognized but the Parameter one not.
Should I file a bug or this is known and will be fixed?

Regards,
Stefan
4f55d99fc4a14f491e3b19d0724081e5?d=identicon&s=25 Stefan Dobrev (Guest)
Nope. Nobody replied except you :)

Bug report is filed:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2466...

2009/3/17 Jimmy Schementi <Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com>
F983f0c990cba2fe743ef62a975ec99c?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hagenlocher (Guest)
There are two different Expression classes in the Expressions namespace
- a templated one and an untemplated one.  You need to force the
untemplated one, which you can do by saying

From:
ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org<mailto:ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org>
>>> require 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
=> true
>>> include System
=> Object
>>> include System::Linq::Expressions
>>> Expression.Call
:0: wrong number of arguments (2 for 4) (ArgumentError)
>>> Expression.Parameter
:0: undefined method `Parameter' for TypeGroup of
Expression:Microsoft::Scripting::Actions::TypeGroup (NoMethodError)

Obviously the Call method was recognized but the Parameter one not.
Should I file a bug or this is known and will be fixed?

Regards,
Stefan
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
We'll probably fix this so that if not specified otherwise the default
would be the non-generic unless there is a catch ;)

Tomas

From: