Forum: Ruby on Rails SOAP and RoR

F8f5e304a0d18d4c5bf92b5d4a6928e2?d=identicon&s=25 Nuugii Lk (nuugii)
on 2009-03-05 15:08
Hey ror riders'
How to working SOAP server,client with Ruby on Rails.
Please help me SOAP tutorials
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Nurzed Lkham <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> Hey ror riders'
> How to working SOAP server,client with Ruby on Rails.
> Please help me SOAP tutorials

Hi, what issues are you having with using SOAP?  Do you have any sample
code
to post
so that we may better assist you?

-Conrad
3787f4c8c35e8cfc4833cda6e5d8c367?d=identicon&s=25 Ernesto Rocha (Guest)
I'm having some problems with SOAP too, I can't access the virtual earth
web
service (microsoft) when i try to call a remote function it returns "400
bad
request" and when i try to use the HTTPS url i even can't connect to
soap
server.

Anyone tried to use the Virtual Earth in ruby ?

Thanks,
Ernesto
Ernesto Rocha wrote:
> Anyone tried to use the Virtual Earth in ruby ?

This much I can tell you; Microsoft seems to be fully "in-bed" with SOAP
and driving much of the SOAP standard. By this I mean they are taking
fully advantage of "everything" that SOAP provides today.

SOAP for Ruby does not even promise to support the full gambit of the
"modern" SOAP standard. And SOAP for Ruby doesn't seem to be in the
hearts-and-minds of Ruby developers.

Now you may be thinking,  "I'm promoting SOAP with these statements."
But, oh contraries! If SOAP died tomorrow I'd be a really happy camper.

REST is the future! Anyone with vision is doing REST! REST rules! Go
Ruby! Go Rails! Give SOAP a REST and let's build a brighter future!

Unfortunately, we have to live with the backward thinkers like Microsoft
and Oracle. So if Ruby need great SOAP support then my recommendation is
come together, join in, and contribute to a Ruby SOAP project. I
wouldn't count of the core Ruby on Rails developers to do it for your
though.