Forum: IronRuby Is there a built-in way to convert from snake_case to CamelCase ?

91eb330fb36d1e03c856574dfb77d2bc?d=identicon&s=25 Thibaut Barrère (thbar)

looking if I can use the internals better: is there a built-in
IronRuby way to convert "flow_layout_panel" to "FlowLayoutPanel" ? As
it's used all over the place when calling methods, I thought that
maybe I could use it as well.

I'm currently using this which works well:

module Classifier
  def classify(string)
    string.gsub(/(^|_)(.)/) { $2.upcase } # simplified version of
Rails inflector

If I can remove some code though, I'm happy. Is the code to achieve
this accessible ?

-- Thibaut
1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
Well you can require activesupport
Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew Peters. He ported that
inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Thibaut Barrère
91eb330fb36d1e03c856574dfb77d2bc?d=identicon&s=25 Thibaut Barrère (thbar)
Hi Ivan,

> Well you can require activesupport
> Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew Peters. He ported that
> inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET

The code I'm using is an extract from activesupport inflector. I
didn't want to carry the whole dependency for the moment.

thanks for the pointer (Inflector.NET), I'll have a look!

-- Thibaut
1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
I've added the inflector stuff to IronRuby MVC too. The only thing I
added
to the library was to make it all extension methods.
In IronNails I also pulled in the files from active support because I
didn't
want to take the dependency atm.
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Thibaut Barrère
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
IronRuby has RubyUtils.MangleName/TryUnmangleName in
/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby/Runtime/RubyUtils.cs.

I've added the inflector stuff to IronRuby MVC too. The only thing I
added to the library was to make it all extension methods.
In IronNails I also pulled in the files from active support because I
didn't want to take the dependency atm.
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Thibaut Barrère
<thibaut.barrere@gmail.com<mailto:thibaut.barrere@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

> Well you can require activesupport
> Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew Peters. He ported that
> inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET
The code I'm using is an extract from activesupport inflector. I
didn't want to carry the whole dependency for the moment.

thanks for the pointer (Inflector.NET), I'll have a look!

-- Thibaut

>> maybe I could use it as well.
>> If I can remove some code though, I'm happy. Is the code to achieve
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core@rubyforge.org<mailto:Ironruby-core@rubyforge.org>

Hi Jimmy,

> IronRuby has RubyUtils.MangleName/TryUnmangleName in
> /Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby/Runtime/RubyUtils.cs.

thanks for the hint.

-- Thibaut