Forum: Inkscape Splitting/break apart text

56de469edeb9fa92e53ce374d420522c?d=identicon&s=25 Gunnar Lestander (Guest)
I have imported a PDF with a electronic schematic and have found that
text are kept together all over the drawing and not just over
linebreaks.

XML editor looks like:
==========================-
<svg:text id="text1">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan1">
         "Choose power supply"
   <svg:tspan id="tspan2">
              "with jumper"
   <svg:tspan id="tspan3">
              "between A, B, or C"
   <svg:tspan id="tspan4">
              "R1"
   <svg:tspan id="tspan5">
              "R37"
==========================-

They are positioned in the big drawing like this :
 Upper right corner: "Choose power supply with jumper between A, B, or
C"
 Low to the right: "R1"
 Center of drawing: "R37"

Is there a simple way to break them apart to single lines of text so I
can handle/move them individually?
Commando, macro or something else to give me somthing like this:

==================
<svg:text id="text1">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan1">
         "Choose power supply"
<svg:text id="text2">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan2">
          "with jumper"
<svg:text id="text3">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan3">
          "between A, B, or C"
<svg:text id="text4">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan4">
              "R1"
<svg:text id="text5">
   <svg:tspan id="tspan5">
              "R37"
=====================

// Gunnar Lestander
(Sorry if this becomes a repost, since I  haven't received a copy from
the
list to myself)
C333de7d2c40dcff90ca4cd0c7d0f191?d=identicon&s=25 JimmyVolatile (Guest)
Yes. This is one of the annoying things with PDFs. Luckily, many
PDF-viewers, like Foxit Reader 3.0 allows block-selection of any text so
you
can copy and paste the text from that into the Inkscape  svg.

There may be some other solutions available in Inkscape that I'm unaware
of.

Regs, Jimmy

--
Regs,