Forum: GNU Radio USRP and Aviation Band Antenna

Bfbfb259508d87c987ba0024d8eeef5e?d=identicon&s=25 matt_wi (Guest)
I am working on getting the USRP using GNU Radio to pick up civilian
aviation
band frequencies (basically and aviation scanner that you could buy
anywhere).  The frequencies run in the 130MHz range and I think are AM.
am able to get a regular FM Radio signal dialed in, but I am having
problems
getting the aviation bands.  I'm wondering if my antenna is the problem.
Anyone have any experience with that?  Thanks for your help.
I have had no problem receiving aviation signals using USRP1 + TVRX +
ham radio 2M (146 MHz) vertical antenna
and one of the AM receiver example programs.

Jim
Bfbfb259508d87c987ba0024d8eeef5e?d=identicon&s=25 matt_wi (Guest)
So I was able to get it to work (aircraft use AM not FM......doh).
However I
am getting a pretty week signal.  The tower comes in better than the
aircraft however.  Any ideas on how to help this?