Forum: Ruby Gtk::MozEmbed crashes

43421679c356f438c69bf6947e62c4ec?d=identicon&s=25 sawa (Guest)
Hello

Whenever I have a secondary thread running when gtkmozembed is
working, the gtkmozembed emits a segmentation fault and crashes
whenever I click a link on the screen. Is there a way to resolve this?

PS. Now I use firefox 2 for this purpose, I prefer using firefox 3 if
possible. Is Gtk::MozEmbed comparible with firefox 3?

Environment:
OS Linux
Ruby 1.8.7 p72
gtkmozembed (part of ruby-gnome2-all-0.18.1)
firefox2.x

Code:
require 'gtkmozembed'
m = Gtk::MozEmbed.new
m.chrome_mask = Gtk::MozEmbed::ALLCHROME
m.location = "http://livedoor.com"
w = Gtk::Window.new
w.resize(800, 800)
w << m
w.show_all
Thread.new do end    # This line cases segmentation fault when I click
a link on mozembed.
Gtk.main

Thank you

In <b6c4eb68-c551-4849-959f-16ab23f49755@c36g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
  "Gtk::MozEmbed crashes" on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:41:31 +0900,
  sawa <sawadatsuyoshi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whenever I have a secondary thread running when gtkmozembed is
> working, the gtkmozembed emits a segmentation fault and crashes
> whenever I click a link on the screen. Is there a way to resolve this?

I can't reproduce it on my environment.

  * Ruby-GNOME2 trunk (r3604)
  * XULRunner 1.9.0.6
    (`pkg-config --modversion libxul-embedding-unstable`)

> PS. Now I use firefox 2 for this purpose, I prefer using firefox 3 if
> possible. Is Gtk::MozEmbed comparible with firefox 3?

Do you know pkg-config module name of Firefox 3?
If you show me the name, I'll add it to extconf.rb of
Ruby/GtkMozEmbed.

P.S. You can also use ruby-list or ruby-gnome2-devel-ja. :)