Forum: Ruby where to report rubygems bugs

I've traditionally reported rubygems bugs to
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=575&group_id=12...
however redmine.ruby-lang.org is now an option [and I sometimes feel
like I"m submitting to deaf ears at the rubyforge one].
Thoughts?
-=r
On Feb 28, 2009, at 07:54, Roger Pack wrote:

> I've traditionally reported rubygems bugs to
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=575&group_id=12...

This is the correct place.

> however redmine.ruby-lang.org is now an option

It's a great option if you want me to ignore your bug.

> [and I sometimes feel like I"m submitting to deaf ears at the
> rubyforge one].
>
> Thoughts?

Maintaining RubyGems is a lot of work I don't get paid for, so I
intermix RubyGems work with other things I find more fun.  I've been
working on RDoc lately and will probably start up again on RubyGems in
the next month or so.

If you want your bug fixed faster, make a bug report on RubyForge then
hop on the mailing list [1] and propose a solution.  Even better would
be to submit a patch.

When I'm preparing to release RubyGems I look on RubyForge at the
patches queue first followed by bugs then feature requests.  Until I'm
ready, though, I don't read my bugmail as it just takes too much time.

> Maintaining RubyGems is a lot of work I don't get paid for, so I
> intermix RubyGems work with other things I find more fun.  I've been
> working on RDoc lately and will probably start up again on RubyGems in
> the next month or so.
>
> If you want your bug fixed faster, make a bug report on RubyForge then
> hop on the mailing list [1] and propose a solution.  Even better would
> be to submit a patch.
>
> When I'm preparing to release RubyGems I look on RubyForge at the
> patches queue first followed by bugs then feature requests.  Until I'm
> ready, though, I don't read my bugmail as it just takes too much time.

Thanks for your reply and the info.  I'll try to submit patches more
often and feature requests less often :)
-=r