Forum: RSpec [cucumber] Adding a file to support/ can break requires ordering

C4bc5ab1994f3772f1ece143b5feb177?d=identicon&s=25 Randy Harmon (Guest)
Current code in cucumber prioritizes features/support/ files, but if I
add another file in that location, then it can (sometimes) include that
file first.  Seems to depend on the number of files actually in the
entire list being sorted, or something.

I added a ticket for this issue.

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

Meanwhile, is there a different place I should put this helper file that
would be better suited than support/ ?

Thanks,

Randy
C694a032be7518a0d704318895f8fe1d?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Mabey (mabes)
Randy Harmon wrote:
> Current code in cucumber prioritizes features/support/ files, but if I add another file
in that location, then it can (sometimes) include that file first.  Seems to depend on the
number of files actually in the entire list being sorted, or something.

> I added a ticket for this issue.

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

I've replied on the ticket.
> Meanwhile, is there a different place I should put this helper file that would be better
suited than support/ ?

No, that is the correct spot.

-Ben