Forum: Ruby on Rails script/console using older Rails version

5afa21d7c1b6f93b6217f1a6f7576544?d=identicon&s=25 Dantelepoole Dantelepoole (dantelepoole)
on 2009-02-26 14:23
Hi all,

I have an app running fine on Rails 2.2.2, but whenever I launch the
script/console in the same app it loads Rails version 2.1.0. I wouldn't
really mind, except that every time I start the console I get a lot of
annoying warnings about duplicate constant declarations in xmlsimple.

Does anyone know how I can get the console to run on Rails 2.2.2?

Thanks,
Dante
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Dantelepoole Dantelepoole
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Thanks,
> Dante
> --

Do you have the rails version defined in your environment.rb file?

Andrew Timberlake
http://ramblingsonrails.com

5afa21d7c1b6f93b6217f1a6f7576544?d=identicon&s=25 Dantelepoole Dantelepoole (dantelepoole)
on 2009-02-26 16:50
Yes, I do. Its set to version 2.2.2. Another strange thing that I just
noticed is that when I run 'gem list' it turns out that I don't even
have Rails version 2.1.0 installed! I have versions 2.2.2, 2.1.1 and
2.0.2 installed, but no 2.1.0.

I thought it might be a bug, but I have the same app running on a new
laptop and the console-script on that laptop correctly loads Rails 2.2.2
and does not give the warning-messages either.

Strange...

Andrew Timberlake wrote:

> Do you have the rails version defined in your environment.rb file?
>
> Andrew Timberlake
> http://ramblingsonrails.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewtimberlake
>
> "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Dantelepoole Dantelepoole
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Strange...
>> "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
>
> --

Interesting, have you run rake rails:update ?
After that, I'm out of ideas

Andrew Timberlake
http://ramblingsonrails.com

5afa21d7c1b6f93b6217f1a6f7576544?d=identicon&s=25 Dantelepoole Dantelepoole (dantelepoole)
on 2009-03-01 15:17
I just tried, but no luck unfortunately. :-(
Thanks anyway for the help!

Andrew Timberlake wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Dantelepoole Dantelepoole
> <rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>> Strange...
>>> "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
>>
>> --
>>

> Interesting, have you run rake rails:update ?
> After that, I'm out of ideas
>
> Andrew Timberlake
> http://ramblingsonrails.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewtimberlake
>
> "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
B14575f0ca69f10938fdd67e7156e0e1?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Demyanovich (Guest)
Maybe at some point you put Rails 2.1.0 into vendor/rails. Anything in
vendor/rails will override what you set in environment.rb and what gems
you
have installed. You could delete the vendor/rails directory if you don't
want it, or you could try freezing your app to Rails 2.2.2 and rerunning
rake rails:update.

Regards,
Craig

--