Forum: Ruby Need Basic RoR Doc

D34b29c2f6525f877a99197ca2309c80?d=identicon&s=25 Sankar Kumar (sankarkumar)
on 2009-02-26 05:48
I'm C/UNIX programmer . Can you please somebody give some basic doc to
get start small application ...
Framework also very new for me... Actually I need to know how DB
operation is doing in RoR.... & my task is to compare 3 tables & wants
to show some o/p in front end ....
E83729d1c67fafc14f5cd19f740bcab2?d=identicon&s=25 saurabh purnaye (Guest)
HI,
You can get it here
*http://api.rubyonrails.org/
http://guides.rails.info/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/gettingstartedw...
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Ruby-on-Rails/Getti...
http://manmays.googlepages.com/

*
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Sankar Kumar <
sankarkumar.ponnusamy@cognizant.com> wrote:

> I'm C/UNIX programmer . Can you please somebody give some basic doc to
> get start small application ...
> Framework also very new for me... Actually I need to know how DB
> operation is doing in RoR.... & my task is to compare 3 tables & wants
> to show some o/p in front end ....
> --

Thanks and Regards
Saurabh Purnaye
+91-9922071155
skype: sorab_pune
yahoo & gtalk: saurabh.purnaye
msn:  psaurabh@live.com
Sankar Kumar wrote:
> I'm C/UNIX programmer . Can you please somebody give some basic doc to
> get start small application ...
> Framework also very new for me... Actually I need to know how DB
> operation is doing in RoR.... & my task is to compare 3 tables & wants
> to show some o/p in front end ....

If you have a business need for this, then the investment in a good book
will repay itself hugely. I have the pragprog.com one (Agile Web
Development with Rails), which I found to be excellent, although I have
the 2nd edition for rails 1.6. It is being updated, and I think you can
buy the beta PDF online already.

www.railscasts.com is also well worth a look.