Forum: Ruby on Rails Nested Resources and Routes

8d295740bdc6fecc406cff2e8b895f48?d=identicon&s=25 Sahil Dave (Guest)
hi,

i have some nested resources like, a deal has_many :orders and has_one
:invoice
i am using nested routing for these. so the urls are like:

deals_url
deal_orders_url
deal_invoice_url

and others for the whole CRUD

although everything is working perfectly, the updates for a nested
resource
are stuck. e.g. the edit page for an order comes up, buts submitting it
gives me an error:

Couldn't find Order without an ID
app/controllers/duties_controller.rb:92:in `get_order'

i have created a before_filter :get_deal

def get_deal
  @deal = Deal.find(params[:deal_id])
end

do i need to change something in my edit/update actions?? right now they
are
default ones generated after scaffolding.

Regards

--
Sahil
57777e93348c9b8d1e8c7511da1287ba?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Aday (Guest)

Give this a shot and let me know if it works:

order_controller.rb:

Index action:
@order = @deal.orders.find(:all)

Show action:
@order = @deal.orders.find(params[:id])

New action:
@order = @deal.orders.new

Edit action:
@order = @deal.orders.find(params[:id])

Create action:
@order = @deal.orders.new(params[:order])

Update action:
@order = @deal.orders.find(params[:id])

Delete action:
@order = @deal.orders.find(params[:id])

--
-Richard Aday
8d295740bdc6fecc406cff2e8b895f48?d=identicon&s=25 Sahil Dave (Guest)
> You need to change the way you reference orders so that you scope an order
> within a deal.

thank for the suggestion Richard.. but i managed to do it by adding
an :except clause to the before filter to work on only new and edit