Forum: JRuby What's your favorite JRuby 1.2 feature/fix?

We're prepping for release announcements for JRuby 1.2 RC1 and I figured
I'd ask those of you following along for your favorite new features.
Just reply to this thread...it will help us put together an announcement
with bullets that actually matter to users.

- Charlie

Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> We're prepping for release announcements for JRuby 1.2 RC1 and I figured
> I'd ask those of you following along for your favorite new features.
> Just reply to this thread...it will help us put together an announcement
> with bullets that actually matter to users.

Kicking off with a few items I worked on:

* 1.9 support in the compiler (probably need a "1.9" bullet with a
number of items...I think we're maybe beta quality at best)
* Large-scale compiler audit for performance and efficiency
* Expanded scope of static optimizations
* First proof-of-concept for an "optimized" runtime flag (--fast)
* Minor fixes to run unmodified on Android
* "Hundreds" of bugs fixed (we'll update with a real tally of issues
"fixed" and actual revisions committed)

- Charlie