Forum: GNU Radio gnuradio version & uninstall

C0ba64b9e5a62ed77295b79b63ab87c0?d=identicon&s=25 Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
Two questions, related to one-another:
1) Is there a command or a file that tells me the gnuradio version
installed and used?
What I mean is: let's say I have separate folders with 3.1.1, 3.1.2,
3.1.3 and the latest trunk.
I occasionally "sudo make uninstall" one and "sudo make install" the
other. Is there a way to know which one is currently installed?

2) Connected to the previous question: the "normal" way to uninstall a
version of gnuradio is to go into the source folder and type "sudo
make uninstall". However, this requires a) that you know which version
is installed, and b) that you still have this source folder. My
question is: is there a more generic way to remove an installation of
gnuradio? Which folders should I remove? So far I have collected:
    *  /usr/local/etc/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/include/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/share/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/share/doc/gnuradio-3.2svn
    * /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc_gnuradio
    * ~/.gnuradio
but I'm not sure this list is complete...

Thanx in advance...

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Dimitris Symeonidis <azimout@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1) Is there a command or a file that tells me the gnuradio version
> installed and used?
> What I mean is: let's say I have separate folders with 3.1.1, 3.1.2,
> 3.1.3 and the latest trunk.
> I occasionally "sudo make uninstall" one and "sudo make install" the
> other. Is there a way to know which one is currently installed?

Not using the installed path, that I can think of, anyway.  I use an
alternative way of having multiple versions installed simultaneously
using a symbolic link to select the "active" one.   Each version is
./configure'd with --prefix= and installed into a custom path, then a
symbolic link is made to a standard path name:

/home/jcorgan/.sys-trunk
/home/jcorgan/.sys-release-3.1.3
/home/jcorgan/.sys-release-3.2rc0

Then whichever I one I want to use I symbolic link:

$ ln -s .sys-trunk .sys

Finally, I set environment variables in .bashrc to find everything:

PREFIX=/home/jcorgan/.sys
export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/bin:/opt/microblaze/bin
export LD_LOAD_LIBRARY=$PREFIX/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig

At this point switching between GNU Radio installations is as simple
as deleting and making a new symbolic link, then re-running ldconfig.

> 2) Connected to the previous question: the "normal" way to uninstall a
> version of gnuradio is to go into the source folder and type "sudo
> make uninstall". However, this requires a) that you know which version
> is installed, and b) that you still have this source folder. My
> question is: is there a more generic way to remove an installation of
> gnuradio? Which folders should I remove? So far I have collected:
>
> but I'm not sure this list is complete...

Below is my 'nuke-gnuradio' script, edit as needed, use at your own
risk:

PREFIX=/usr/local
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/gr_plot_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/find_usrps
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/lsusrp
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/test_all
rm -rf $PREFIX/etc/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gruel
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/fpga_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mb_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mblock
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/pmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgr*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libmblock*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libpmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libusrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/usrpm
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc_gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gnuradio*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gr-wxgui*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gruel.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/mblock.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/pmt.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/usrp*.pc