USRP2 &DBSRX testing

We have got a new USRP2 and TVRX and DBSRX recievers. Though the system
seems
to work when the TVRX daughter board is installed using the USRP2 fft
script, it does not seem to work with the DBSRX board installed.

That is there seems to be just noise coming in regardless of what
frequency
or bandwidth setting you are using. Does any one know of any special
tricks
when using the DBSRX board?

Regards

http://www.nabble.com/USRP2--DBSRX-testing-tp22116337p22116337.html

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 06:16:28AM -0800, RH200 wrote:

Regards
Attention everybody!

When asking questions, it really helps us help you if you tell us
some basic information about your situation. At a minimum, tell us
what version of GNU Radio you are running: tarball (which one) or
trunk (which rev), your OS/version/distribution and architecture.

In your specific case, which firmware are you running? Did you build
it from source, or did you download it? Off the top of my head, I’m
not sure when the support for the DBSRX went into the trunk, but it’s
there.

What daughterboard_id does usrp2_fft report?

Eric

My apologies, newbie hoping it was a common newbie problem, details as
follows.

Hardware:
Twin Xeon quadcore X5355 processors.
Supermicro X7DBE motherboard
8 GB of ram

Software:
Ubuntu 8.04 Kernal 2.6.2-16-generic

I didn’t install the software my supervisor did (he knows what he’s
doing) but he used the latest from the trunk a few days ago, as the
tarball he originally used didn’t show any USRP2 items.

If these a way to find a version number of the installed software please
let me know.

The memory card had the original version software on it and after it
didn’t work he upgrade it with UR2_rev3 & txrx.bin.

Not sure about the where the daughter board_id shows up but I’m
presuming its the hex type number after the FS@Gbe sequence.

if so with the dbrx installed then its returning 0X001 also we are
getting Analog BB:0 and DDC:0, also there is no gain slider. When the
tvrx is installed we are getting 0X0040 anolog BB:756M DDC: 44M, and
the gain slider is present.

At a uninformed guess I am wondering if the dbrx is talking to the
usrp2?

At the moment I’m trying to install the grc package but unfortunitly I
can’t seem to get python lxml 2.00 to install.

Regards