Forum: GNU Radio Required Hardware

04f1d5c2221885efa8e3bc15fa02df79?d=identicon&s=25 Trevor Bosaw (Guest)
Hey,

I'm trying to set up a transmitter that simply broadcasts voice (AM
quality is fine) over a range of a few miles.  It would be implemented
in developing world situations, such as rural India or Africa, and
therefore must be constructed with very cheap hardware.  We currently
have selected a suitable computer to deal with the software
necessities (saving and queueing audio files to be transmitted), but
what other hardware is necessary for the transmission?  I am new to
gnu-radio, and can probably convince the sponsor to pay for a USRP for
research purposes, but of course this definitely would not be able to
be used in the actual implementation.

Trevor
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:02:45PM -0800, Trevor Bosaw wrote:
> purposes, but of course this definitely would not be able to be used in
> the actual implementation.
>
> Trevor

A simpler, cheaper route is to use one of Ramsey (or somebody else's)
low power transmitters.  E.g., FM30B or FM100B

  http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/hk

Eric