Forum: JRuby End of file reached displaying while sending email in Jruby

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
6c5da207a0b73bf3bb9acd13c6969acb?d=identicon&s=25 Uma Mahe (uma07)
on 2009-02-20 14:52
Hi all,
while sending email in jruby 1.1.6 with rails 2.2.2 with tlsmail using
gmail.com as domain

Error: End of file reached error displaying but mail content is there in
log file

D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/jruby-openssl-0.3/lib/openssl/buffering.rb:237:in
`close'
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/tlsmail-0.0.1/lib/net/smtp.rb:493:in
`do_start'
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/tlsmail-0.0.1/lib/net/smtp.rb:440:in
`start'
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.2.2/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:671:in
`perform_delivery_smtp'
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.2.2/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:526:in
`deliver!'
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.2.2/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:392:in
`method_missing'
app/controllers/emailer_controller.rb:8:in `sendmail'
:1:in `start'

While using the same code in ruby on rails 2.2.2 working perfectly can
anyone give idea?

Thanks,
umamageshwari
12d36bd5a0fa494fc82fb17452b7c83e?d=identicon&s=25 Anait Markosian (anait)
on 2010-03-10 21:22
> while sending email in jruby 1.1.6 with rails 2.2.2 with tlsmail using
> gmail.com as domain
> > Error: End of file reached error displaying but mail content is there in
> log file
> > 
D:/jruby-1.1.6RC1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/jruby-openssl-0.3/lib/openssl/buffering.rb:237:in
> `close'
> ......................
> :1:in `start'
> > While using the same code in ruby on rails 2.2.2 working perfectly can
>I have EXACTLY the same problem, and I suspect that there must be
something wrong with the sntp authentication. Am I correct, or there is
something else to it?
Ba2f834cba243e6d678c06626d544918?d=identicon&s=25 Vladimir Sizikov (Guest)
on 2010-03-10 21:29
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Anait,

Can you try with more recent JRuby? 1.1.6 is *very* old. Since then,
there were about 3300 commits in JRuby repository. :)

Thanks,
  --Vladimir

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Anait Markosian <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> something wrong with the sntp authentication. Am I correct, or there is
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
12d36bd5a0fa494fc82fb17452b7c83e?d=identicon&s=25 Anait Markosian (anait)
on 2010-03-10 21:33
Vladimir Sizikov wrote:
> Hi Anait,
>
> Can you try with more recent JRuby? 1.1.6 is *very* old. Since then,
> there were about 3300 commits in JRuby repository. :)
>
> Thanks,
>   --Vladimir
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Anait Markosian <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> something wrong with the sntp authentication. Am I correct, or there is
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

I am using jruby-1.4.0 which comes bundled with NetBeans IDE, and I have
the same error as the previous person has described. It comes from
Net::Smtp.start.
Here is a part of the call stack:
Sending Test Subject to cheri-01@im.uptilt.com
C:/Program Files/NetBeans
6.8/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/jruby-openssl-0.6/lib/openssl/buffering.rb:237:in
`close': End of file reached (EOFError)
        from C:/Program Files/NetBeans
6.8/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/tlsmail-0.0.1/lib/net/smtp.rb:493:in
`do_start'
        from C:/Program Files/NetBeans
6.8/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/tlsmail-0.0.1/lib/net/smtp.rb:440:in
`start'
        from C:/Program Files/NetBeans
6.8/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/tlsmail-0.0.1/lib/net/smtp.rb:378:in
`start'
        from C:/Automation/Mailinglist/lib/contact.rb:46:in `send_email'
        from C:/Automation/Mailinglist/lib/mailing_list.rb:38:in `send'
        from C:/Automation/Mailinglist/lib/mailing_list.rb:38:in `each'
        from C:/Automation/Mailinglist/lib/mailing_list.rb:38:in `send'
        from C:/Automation/Mailinglist/lib/main.rb:29
F1d37642fdaa1662ff46e4c65731e9ab?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Nutter (headius)
on 2010-03-15 17:26
(Received via mailing list)
File a bug for this please...it looks like there's probably a valid
issue.

And if you're willing to help us a bit more, try building
jruby-openssl from scratch, since there have been fixes since 0.6.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Anait Markosian <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
>> wrote:
> Here is a part of the call stack:
>        from C:/Program Files/NetBeans
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.