Forum: Rails Engines Re: Will engines be around in Rails 2.3?

68950d608186c475d9b836b4777b7c3f?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Klett (Guest)
I didn't notice a mention of engine routes and how they are currently
different in Rails 2.3.0.  As far as I can tell, there is no control
over
ordering.  All of the plugin/engine routes load, and then the main app
routes load.  There is no equivalent of "map :from_plugin", is there?
Acd62030df551952268e84c8fff26a5b?d=identicon&s=25 James Adam (Guest)
On 20 Feb 2009, at 13:50, Michael Klett wrote:

> I didn't notice a mention of engine routes and how they are
> currently different in Rails 2.3.0.  As far as I can tell, there is
> no control over ordering.  All of the plugin/engine routes load, and
> then the main app routes load.  There is no equivalent of
> "map :from_plugin", is there?

Routes will be loaded, I think, in the order that the plugins load.
There's no equivalent for 'map.from_plugin', but perhaps you can come
up with a compelling use-case?

James