Forum: GNU Radio USRP 2 Daughter Cards

D5642b99c3f59de33fb779c20a5eeca9?d=identicon&s=25 jim graham (Guest)
I am trying to use the USRP 2 radio.  I have been using the
rx_streaming_sample script to collect data.

If I use the rfx1800 daughtercard the results from the set_center_freq
command seem correct but the output

looks as if the receive channel is not connected (changing gain does not
affect output levels).

If I try the lfrx or dbs daughter cards the set_center_freq response
appears
incorrect.

The baseband frequency is 0 and the ddc frequency is the negative of the
commanded frequency.

Any suggestions?

==============================

Jim Graham

Black River Systems Company, Inc.

162 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502

       e-mail : graham@brsc.com

       voice  : (315) 732-7385 x146

       fax :     (315) 732-5837

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:15:29AM -0500, jim graham wrote:
> I am trying to use the USRP 2 radio.  I have been using the
> rx_streaming_sample script to collect data.
>
> If I use the rfx1800 daughtercard the results from the set_center_freq
> command seem correct but the output
>
> looks as if the receive channel is not connected (changing gain does not
> affect output levels).

What OS, version, distribution, architecture?
Which version of the GNU Radio code?

Are you feeding this with a signal generator?  What's your input
signal level?  Which antenna port are you connected to?  Have you tried
running usrp2_fft.py?

> If I try the lfrx or dbs daughter cards the set_center_freq response
> appears incorrect. The baseband frequency is 0 and the ddc frequency
> is the negative of the commanded frequency.

Those values are correct.  Have you tried injecting a signal into the
board and looking at it using usrp2_fft.py?

Eric
745d8202ef5a58c1058d0e5395a78f9c?d=identicon&s=25 'Eric Blossom' (Guest)
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 01:21:37PM -0500, jim graham wrote:
> Eric
>
> We are using Fedora Linux version 7 on an x86 machine.

OK.

[Please be sure to hit Reply-All to reply to the writer and the list.]

> The GNU radio software is Revision 10211 (jcorgan)
> Last change date 1/12/2009
>
> We have the USRP 2 connected to a directional antenna.  I have used the
> dbs daughtercard hooked to the same antenna with a USRP 1 to verify
> a signal is present.
>
> For the dbs and lfrx daughtercards are the set_center_freq outputs of 0 for
> Baseband freq and -commanded freq for ddc freq correct?
> The output of the call using a flex1800 daughtercard is different.

What rx_daughterboard_id() does the USRP2 report for your RFX 1800?

With regard to RFX boards, the USRP2 only supports the MIMO_B version.
Any board that the firmware doesn't recognize is treated as a Basic Rx
or Basic Tx.

Eric
D5642b99c3f59de33fb779c20a5eeca9?d=identicon&s=25 jim graham (Guest)
Eric,

rx_daughterboard_id() returns id 0x0034 for the RFX 1800 daughtercard?

For the comment on the RFX boards; does this mean we are unable to use
the
dbs daughtercard on the USRP 2 unit?

-- thanks
jim

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 02:52:41PM -0500, jim graham wrote:
> Eric,
>
> rx_daughterboard_id() returns id 0x0034 for the RFX 1800 daughtercard?

That's a MIMO B board, so you should be fine.

> For the comment on the RFX boards; does this mean we are unable to use the
> dbs daughtercard on the USRP 2 unit?

No, the DBS RX is supported.

Eric