Forum: Ruby Is there a Ruby/Tk-specific forum/site/group?

40dc5a2806f0f2eb5ac7c663f2bb5af8?d=identicon&s=25 C. Dagnon (chrisd)
on 2009-02-19 05:41
Hello all,

I'm trying to do non-simple things with Ruby and Tk (on Windows), so is
there a better place to ask them?  Currently I'm using O'Reilly's
"Mastering Perl/Tk" and only a couple websites, but their information is
fairly basic/reference and lacking overall concept explanations...

Thanks!
11b74267d849cc2c95e66c634c1b53f9?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Roseman (Guest)
"C. Dagnon" <c-soc-rubyforum@dagnon.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to do non-simple things with Ruby and Tk (on Windows), so is
> there a better place to ask them?  Currently I'm using O'Reilly's
> "Mastering Perl/Tk" and only a couple websites, but their information is
> fairly basic/reference and lacking overall concept explanations...

For Ruby Tk documentation try http://www.tkdocs.com

For a forum, try
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-and-the-tk-tool-kit/

Mark
F52a217f68b0d4db49ce2ceb06f79691?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Fenton (Guest)
Mark Roseman wrote:

> For a forum, try http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-and-the-tk-tool-kit/

Erk - I clicked that link and got a large and seriously NSFW advert at
the top: "wow, hairy pu55y...". From the pictures it clearly wasn't
about cats.

Makes me wonder whether Ruby/Tk has some shady sponsors?

D1f1c20467562fc1d8c8aa0d328def62?d=identicon&s=25 Florian Gilcher (skade)
On Feb 19, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Alex Fenton wrote:

Well, there are people on the Erlang mailing list reporting a similar
problem.

It seems to be related to group members being allowed to post
attachements and similar bla.

Regards,
Florian Gilcher

--
Florian Gilcher

smtp:   flo@andersground.net
jabber: Skade@jabber.ccc.de
gpg:    533148E2
40dc5a2806f0f2eb5ac7c663f2bb5af8?d=identicon&s=25 C. Dagnon (chrisd)
on 2009-02-19 19:19
Thanks, that's a start.

The google-group link worked fine for me, but the group seems pretty
dead.  Still, I'll see what responses I get to my first couple posts.

I did find Tkdocs earlier in the day, but the tutorial seems to be most
of the information on the site - but I appreciate the information,
especially the overview.  And maybe the news - the link to the survey on
Ruby GUI libraries is interesting.  I guess I'll have to dive into the
alternatives in case they can meet my needs better than Tk can.

Thanks!

-Chris