Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails Application vs AXIS Web Service(API)

93272278075578f868e30728d3cbeda3?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Kukuzi (rechae)
on 2009-02-18 07:06
Guys,

I want to integrate my Rails application with another web application
that has a Web services - AXIS. is there anyone who has an idea how to
do this?

Thank you
Steven Kukuzi wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I want to integrate my Rails application with another web application
> that has a Web services - AXIS. is there anyone who has an idea how to
> do this?
>
> Thank you

There is two options I know of:

Option 1:

[sudo] gem install actionwebservice

This will install the old SOAP web service support that was pulled from
Rails core at version 1.2.6. I have no idea if this still works with the
latest Rails versions.

Option 2:

http://github.com/datanoise/actionwebservice/tree/master

My guess is that this will work better. From what I can tell this is
basically Option 1 updated for Rails 2.2.2 and appears to be under
active development unlike the stuff pulled from Rails core when they
sanely decided that REST is the future of web services. The "rest" of
the world, unfortunately, hasn't realized this yet.

Note: I've not used either one of these myself, but I do have
significant experience with SOAP services in the Java world, which is
also seriously unfortunate.