Forum: GNU Radio `./ltmain.sh' not found

5b956b6b52e6bd83ad6da9815f4442a4?d=identicon&s=25 Mir Ali (Guest)

I installed the latest svn download of gnuradio on Ubuntu 8.10 without a
hitch. When I try to install my Gnuradio blocks on this installation I
have
the following error after the bootstrap.

configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found

The installation works fine on a different Ubuntu 8.04. I suspect it is
due
to a different libtool but I cannot figure out a way to solve this
problem.
Can someone help me out on this?

The following is the system info that you may need
Ubuntu 8.10
gcc version 4.3.2 (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu12)
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.4
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
automake (GNU automake) 1.10.1
GNU Make 3.81

Thanks,
Ali
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 22:52 -0600, Mir Ali wrote:

> I installed the latest svn download of gnuradio on Ubuntu 8.10 without
> a hitch. When I try to install my Gnuradio blocks on this installation
> I have the following error after the bootstrap.
>
> configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
>
> The installation works fine on a different Ubuntu 8.04. I suspect it
> is due to a different libtool but I cannot figure out a way to solve
> this problem. Can someone help me out on this?

If this error is occurring when you are trying to build your own, "out
of tree" build based on the gr-howto-write-a-block template, then you
need to make the changes described below:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/changeset/10276

This is an update to boostrap, gr_standalone.m4, and configure.ac in
your project to deal with changes in recent libtools.

A short-term solution that will get you going is:

$ ln -sf /usr/share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh .

...at the top of your project.  This will create the missing symbolic
link.

Johnathan
5b956b6b52e6bd83ad6da9815f4442a4?d=identicon&s=25 Mir Ali (Guest)
Thanks, that solves the problem.

Ali

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Johnathan Corgan <