Forum: Ruby on Rails rails hosting

915c75d80fe715ffe9772edd9c6a83d7?d=identicon&s=25 bramu.ss@gmail.com (Guest)
Hi All,

    I am looking for the cheapest rails hosting with mysql support.
Can you please let me know the best rails hosting when price is
concerning. Are there any free rails hosting servers??

Thanks,
Ramu.
34a7615f38496a5dafbb3e6b721c435e?d=identicon&s=25 Mohit Sindhwani (Guest)
bramu.ss@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I am looking for the cheapest rails hosting with mysql support.
> Can you please let me know the best rails hosting when price is
> concerning. Are there any free rails hosting servers??
>
> Thanks,
> Ramu.

I find HostingRails good enough for most things.  I have a couple of
Radiant sites and a Mephisto blog deployed to the same host.  All work
acceptably.  Their cheapest plan will set you back by about US$4.00 per
month.  If you're just playing around, I think their shared hosting is
quite decent.  You can see http://onghu.com/te and
http://notepad.onghu.com/ for response time, etc.

NOTE: The link below is an affiliate link (i.e., I will benefit a bit if
you eventually sign up):
http://www.hostingrails.com/home/736175440

The following link is without affiliation:
https://www.hostingrails.com/

I can vouch for their tech support - it is quite quick and responsive.

Cheers,
Mohit.
2/18/2009 | 11:37 AM.
A82ba1167f4d4a8d1de63820e576a87f?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM, bramu.ss@gmail.com <bramu.ss@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I am looking for the cheapest rails hosting with mysql support.
> Can you please let me know the best rails hosting when price is
> concerning. Are there any free rails hosting servers??
>
> Thanks,
> Ramu.

Not aware of any *free* hosting services for Rails, but I run
RailsBoxcar.com. We've been in the Rails hosting business for over
four years now would be happy to host your application(s).

http://railsboxcar.com

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
247cd3d37084a3d6794076207bd9fbd7?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Martens (Guest)
Along with what has been said, I think that a cheap slice at Slicehost
or another VPS host would be a great benefit to you in the long run.