Forum: GNU Radio OpenBTS Technical Report

8f49d776f8ea330e59157db6d82a301f?d=identicon&s=25 isaacgerg (Guest)
I am looking for the openBTS webpage that had the technical details of
the
2008 burning man experiment on them.  Things like:
- 7 simultaneous phone calls at 50% CPU
- imsi filtering when they first started up

Isaac
Isaac -

The injunction prevents me from posting that information on a web page.

Sorry.

-- David

On Feb 17, 2009, at 8:39 AM, isaacgerg wrote:

> Technical-Report-tp22060856p22060856.html

David A. Burgess
Kestrel Signal Processing, Inc.
891c140a55f53b9a238adcb9cc5febb6?d=identicon&s=25 John Gilmore (Guest)
> I am looking for the openBTS webpage that had the technical details of the
> 2008 burning man experiment on them.  Things like:
> - 7 simultaneous phone calls at 50% CPU
> - imsi filtering when they first started up

http://www.kestrelsp.com/OpenBTS.html
http://www.kestrelsp.com/FieldTest/index.html

An evolved derivative of the OpenBTS code that was tested at Burning
Man last year has been given to the Free Software Foundation, released
under GPLv3.  It is now checked-in to the GNU Radio source control
system, and is publicly available.  (Due to an over-cautious order in
a pending court case, the authors can't point people at public sites
where it can be downloaded anonymously, but anyone else can do so.)  I
haven't seen this code appear in a GNU Radio release candidate yet,
but I hope it will soon appear in one.

  John