Forum: Ruby ri Object

Acd90f2627e42cf3727fed4dfb347c1e?d=identicon&s=25 john maclean (Guest)
How can i access the documentation relating to ARGV, ARGF, ARGV, DATA,
ENV, FALSE, NIL, RUBY_COPYRIGHT, RUBY_DESCRIPTION, RUBY_PATCHLEVEL

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
3da512875f3295be2d577fa70b3493b4?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian W. (globulus)
on 2009-02-15 23:08
john maclean wrote:
> How can i access the documentation relating to ARGV, ARGF, ARGV, DATA,
> ENV, FALSE, NIL, RUBY_COPYRIGHT, RUBY_DESCRIPTION, RUBY_PATCHLEVEL
>

> --
> John Maclean
> 07739 171 531
> MSc (DIC)
>
> Timezone: GMT

Hi John,
As far as I know, those constants are not part of Object proper, but the
Ruby global space. My recommendation would be to pick up a copy of the
Ruby "Pickaxe" book. The real title is "Programming Ruby". An older
version of it is available here: http://www.rubycentral.com/book/

Google also helps a lot, though you may have to dig a bit to find the
information you need. I hope this helps!

Sebastian