Forum: GNU Radio Need help with USRP simulation test

4ad4fcdebf84adeca39d3e6ca5eeabd0?d=identicon&s=25 Pete Kay (Guest)

I am running siggen and oscope test with USRP1.

I am expecting a smooth sine waveform with this:
C[root@fodora usrp]#  usrp_siggen.py  --sine -f 1e6  -i256
Using TX d'board A: <none>

But I am getting some error in oscope.py and the attached oscope output
does
not give me the expected waveform
[root@fodora ~]# usrp_oscope.py -g0   -d64

** (python:21011): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030

** (python:21011): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
uO

Does anyone know what is wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
Pete
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 08:51:07AM -0500, Pete Kay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running siggen and oscope test with USRP1.
>
> I am expecting a smooth sine waveform with this:
> C[root@fodora usrp]#  usrp_siggen.py  --sine -f 1e6  -i256
> Using TX d'board A: <none>
>
> But I am getting some error in oscope.py and the attached oscope output does
> not give me the expected waveform

> [root@fodora ~]# usrp_oscope.py -g0   -d64
>
> ** (python:21011): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
>
> ** (python:21011): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
> uO

This funny message can be ignored.  It's wxPython related.

> Does anyone know what is wrong with my setup?

You have no transmit daughterboard installed on side A.
You're sending a zero Hz sine wave.

$ usrp_siggen.py --help
Usage: usrp_siggen.py [options]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -T TX_SUBDEV_SPEC, --tx-subdev-spec=TX_SUBDEV_SPEC
                        select USRP Tx side A or B
  -f RF_FREQ, --rf-freq=RF_FREQ
                        set RF center frequency to FREQ
  -i INTERP, --interp=INTERP
                        set fgpa interpolation rate to INTERP
[default=64]
  --sine                generate a complex sinusoid [default]
  --const               generate a constant output
  --gaussian            generate Gaussian random output
  --uniform             generate Uniform random output
  -w WAVEFORM_FREQ, --waveform-freq=WAVEFORM_FREQ
                        set waveform frequency to FREQ [default=0]
  -a AMPL, --amplitude=AMPL
                        set waveform amplitude to AMPLITUDE
[default=16000.0]
  -g GAIN, --gain=GAIN  set output gain to GAIN [default=none]
  -o OFFSET, --offset=OFFSET
                        set waveform offset to OFFSET [default=0]

This will get you a sine wave out at 10.0 MHz:

  $ usrp_siggen.py --const -f 10M -i 128

This will get you a sine wave out at 10.1 MHz:

  $ usrp_siggen.py --sine -w 100k -f 10M -i 128

This will get you a sine wave out at 9.9 MHz:

  $ usrp_siggen.py --sine -w -100k -f 10M -i 128

Eric