Forum: Ruby Need Gem name

Bee1159661d43b0c5b3410d49e95fc51?d=identicon&s=25 Shanmu Gam (shanmu)
on 2009-02-13 10:14
Hi all,

can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

Thanks,
Shanmu
F8101d1b395ef58feb1d5c99bf9356df?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Menard (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Shanmu Gam <shanmugam@railsfactory.org>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
> I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

Use "gem search --remote ical" to search for all gems that have "ical"
in their names.

Jim
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Shanmu Gam
<shanmugam@railsfactory.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can someone help me with gem name to extract in ical format.
> I ve tried vpim & ical. Is there any other gem available for this?

I assume that you mean icalendar rather than ical, that and vpim are the
two
main ones.  I think I found one other but can't recall where.

So exactly what are you finding lacking in vpim and icalendar?  I'm
curious
because I'm working on a third alternative, but it's not ready for
public
view yet.  The biggest new features I'm working on are timezone
components
and enumeration of recurring components.

http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2009/0...

Rick DeNatale