Forum: Ruby on Rails page.replace_html and <table>

7f17f4643164c44061244a1a726800c6?d=identicon&s=25 Mongeta 9. (raimon)
on 2009-02-11 11:04
Hello,

I have a page with a form and a div area that I update after submitting
the form.

I want to replace the Div area with new information.

In the page, inside the div area, I have:

  <%= render :partial => "list" %>

as I want to show the current records the first time the page opens.

The problem is after submitting, I the 'old values' of the Div remain in
the Div, and now I have the new values with the old values. If I
continue to add some new values, I get always on top the new ones and
after the 'old ones', I get TWO tables, the new one and the old one.

How I can remove the old table ????

If for example I add some text on the top of the _list (partial included
in the Div), this text gets removed but NOT the table.

Any ideas ?

I'm updating the div with a .js.rjs file:
page.replace_html("div_listd", :partial => "list")

If in the page I don't put the   <%= render :partial => "list" %>, I
don't see the inital records (correct), and subsequent forms submitted
show the resulted records ok, so the .js can replace the content of the
Div area ...

very strange for me .......

thanks,

r.
Mark Reginald James (Guest)
Raimon Fs wrote:
>   <%= render :partial => "list" %>
>
> don't see the inital records (correct), and subsequent forms submitted
> show the resulted records ok, so the .js can replace the content of the
> Div area ...

Are you sure that your HTML is correctly nested?

http://railswheels.com
7f17f4643164c44061244a1a726800c6?d=identicon&s=25 Mongeta 9. (raimon)
on 2009-02-13 10:48
Mark Reginald James wrote:
> Raimon Fs wrote:
>>   <%= render :partial => "list" %>
>>
>> don't see the inital records (correct), and subsequent forms submitted
>> show the resulted records ok, so the .js can replace the content of the
>> Div area ...
>
> Are you sure that your HTML is correctly nested?
>
> --
> Rails Wheels - Find Plugins, List & Sell Plugins -
> http://railswheels.com

I hope it was ... finally I did a refactoring and changed the approach,
the problem is solved but I'm not sure where the problem was ...

thanks,

r.
E1c0cbeca7406996fcdb6c39ad066de5?d=identicon&s=25 Priya B. (priyadharsini)

   To update particular part of the page with new information, you can
use Ajax.Updater in .js file.