Forum: RSpec Cucumber - How to enable a disabled field

2f030c2a9e4e1e165a0cb360805951f3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Hoen (hoenth)
on 2009-02-11 03:43
Is there way in Cucumber to enable a field or submit button that was
disabled by default (:disable => true). I have a submit button which is
enabled using javascript and would like to test the page using Cucumber.

Thanks for your advice,
Tom
You have to go through the browser, using something like selenium
(which can be driven by cucumber)

Pat
2f030c2a9e4e1e165a0cb360805951f3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Hoen (hoenth)
on 2009-02-11 15:52
Pat Maddox wrote:
> You have to go through the browser, using something like selenium
> (which can be driven by cucumber)
>
> Pat

Since I only have this one little widget on the page, I was hoping to
avoid selenium for now, but alas. Will give it a go.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Tom
3c28deaff162aeda44f2e0bcdca1dacf?d=identicon&s=25 Joseph Wilk (josephwilk)
I would highly recommend you take a look at Celerity
(http://celerity.rubyforge.org/) as well.

The Culerity gem has made it easy to run Celerity (using jruby)
alongside your normal ruby app.

http://upstream-berlin.com/2009/01/28/culerity-ful...

Since Celerity does not use a GUI it tends to be *much* faster than
Selenium.

--
Joseph Wilk
http://blog.josephwilk.net
Joseph Wilk wrote:
> I would highly recommend you take a look at Celerity
> (http://celerity.rubyforge.org/) as well.

Celerity (and Culerity) look great, but after trying for a half a day, I
could not get jruby to build, so could not install Celerity, so I am
back to Selenium.

I followed the instructions here:
http://dermological.blogspot.com/2007/02/installin...

but when I try to run: ant clean jar

I get:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/classpath/Configuration

and at that point, gave up.

If you could offer help, I would appreciate it and would try again. I am
running this on ubuntu 8.041 in VMWARE (within Vista)

java -version returns
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b11)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 1.6.0_0-b11, mixed mode, sharing)

All the best,
Tom