Forum: RSpec [cucumber] [alpha] The Backgrounder is run without cleaning up

1b32ae81cae0813e933ca2f8be830c9f?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Flipse (Guest)
This /could/ just a screwy behavior I'm seeing in SQL lite, but I don't
think so; normal scenarios are doing this just fine.

I'm playing with the Background feature in the .1.99 beta, and it looks
like
it's being run before every feature -- but it's not cleaning up
afterwards.
I have a model with a validates_uniquness_of in place, and I'm seeing
something that looks like this:

Feature: It should be able to run for multiple files
  Background:
    Given a model with unique name "Foobar"

  Scenario:  This one runs okay
    # ....

  Scenario: But this one fails
    # background is run, and fails to create the model because of the
validation

Is this known, and fixed in github, or have I stumbled on something new?
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Chris Flipse <cflipse@gmail.com> wrote:
>     Given a model with unique name "Foobar"
>
>   Scenario:  This one runs okay
>     # ....
>
>   Scenario: But this one fails
>     # background is run, and fails to create the model because of the
> validation
>
> Is this known, and fixed in github, or have I stumbled on something new?

It's known:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tick...
It's not fixed yet. Joseph has done some work to address it. I still
have some left to do.

Aslak
1b32ae81cae0813e933ca2f8be830c9f?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Flipse (Guest)
Okay, thanks.  Wanted to check before filing a bug so I'm not throwing
duplicates into the mix.