Forum: RSpec Re: resource urls only work *after* a get() in controller spec

C4bc5ab1994f3772f1ece143b5feb177?d=identicon&s=25 Randy Harmon (Guest)
Okay, following up on this item.  Would you believe a workaround of
(gasp) get :index, prior to expecting route-based URLs to work?  (slaps
forehead).  or do_action(), provided by the host example group (the more
concrete example group, I mean - what's the right terminology there?).

I tried reproducing the stuff I saw being done in
action_controller/test_process.rb up to the point where the resource url
function started working, but when I did that (setting up the controller
name and action, essentially), I wasn't getting it to work, but I ran
out of time budget for fooling with it.

If anyone thinks of an approach that could be more robust, I'd sure be
interested.

Until then,

Randy

> Okay, following up on this item.  Would you believe a workaround of (gasp) get :index,
prior to expecting route-based URLs to work?  (slaps forehead).  or do_action(), provided
by the host example group (the more concrete example group, I mean - what's the right
terminology there?).

> I tried reproducing the stuff I saw being done in action_controller/test_process.rb up
to the point where the resource url function started working, but when I did that (setting
up the controller name and action, essentially), I wasn't getting it to work, but I ran
out of time budget for fooling with it.

> If anyone thinks of an approach that could be more robust, I'd sure be interested.

This sounds like a bug - can somebody familiar w/ this problem please
file a ticket at http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com?

Thanks,
David
942a74b1b71ca62234ae690b44699ebc?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Done:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec...

Randy